JCT is working to improving its operations in order to minimise the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensure they are as efficient and effective as possible.
- Source and promote, as part of a sustainable purchasing policy, a product range to minimise the environmental impact of production.
- Promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers.
- Minimise energy consumption.
- Encourage the use of public transport.
- Promote electronic data transfer and a reduction in unnecessary hard copy.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the JCT.
- Encourage the adoption of similar principles by its suppliers.
- Raise awareness amongst its staff of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving the JCT’s performance.