Education Module Revised and Remodelled for 2018
JCT Contracts Discovery, the learning and education module first published in 2012, has been substantially updated and revised for 2018, providing an improved and more in-depth tool for those in construction education.
JCT Contracts Discovery is designed for education and training providers, in-house training teams and independent tutors. It is also useful for students studying contractual matters as part of their construction-related course as a reference guide.
Delivered in hard-copy format, the module provides the materials that students need to gain a comprehensive understanding of JCT contracts and JCT contractual procedures.
The module sets new standards for construction contract education, improving the understanding of contract use and assisting the development of the construction professionals of the future. It supplements a student’s knowledge of JCT contracts and helps to explain their use in context. It can be used alongside the study of specific contract documents to offer a deeper level of understanding.
This revised publication of JCT Contracts Discovery goes further by giving a more detailed description and explanation of the changes made as a result of the publication of the JCT 2016 Edition of contracts, and provides analysis of the JCT Standard Building Contract and JCT Design and Build Contract in particular.
The module is organised so that each section covers a key area of the construction process impacted by JCT’s range of documents.
JCT Contracts Discovery:
- explains the major elements of the JCT suite of contracts
- goes through how JCT contracts are set up and implemented
- looks at the various roles of individuals including contractors, employers, sub-contractors and contract administrators within the contract process
- discusses how JCT provisions deal with administrative matters, such as payment, control of the works, and control of time.
JCT Contracts Discovery is designed to be flexible to a variety of teaching and learning needs. It can be used as a standalone module on JCT contracts or it can be incorporated into the existing structure of a construction-related course. To order your copy, visit JCT’s online store at https://www.jctltd.co.uk/product/jct-contracts-discovery.
THE CHAPTERS INCLUDED ARE:
- Introduction to JCT Contracts Discovery
- Procurement and the contract
- Contractor selection and tendering
- JCT standard forms of main contract and ancillary agreements, contract documents and design responsibility
- Setting up the contract
- Housekeeping issues in JCT contracts
- Carrying out the works
- Control of the works
- Liability and Insurance
- Forms of security documentation – Bonds,Guarantees, Third Party Rights and Collateral Warranties
- Introduction to dispute resolution