The JCT 2016 Edition Design and Build Contract family is now available via our online store.
All JCT online store customers will be able to purchase the 2016 Edition Design and Build Contract, with next working day delivery service available for UK customers who order before 2:00pm.
What contracts can I buy?
- Design and Build Contract (DB)
- Design and Build Contract Guide (DB/G)
- Design and Build Sub-Contract Agreement (DBSub/A)
- Design and Build Sub-Contract Conditions (DBSub/C)
- Design and Build Sub-Contract Guide (DBSub/G)
- Design and Build (DB) Tracked Change Document
Tracked change versions of the Design and Build Sub-Contract Agreement (DBSub/A) and Conditions (DBSub/C) are also available through the Docdel service. Visit our store for more information.
What new features are included in DB 2016?
- We’ve incorporated the provisions of the JCT Public Sector Supplement 2011 that relate to Fair Payment, Transparency & BIM.
- We’ve made adjustments to reflect the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 and the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- We’ve made the works and existing structures insurance provisions more flexible.
- We’ve revised and simplified the Section 4 Payment provisions, including:
- Establishing (for Fair Payment purposes) Interim Valuation Dates that apply to main contract, sub-contract and sub-subcontract levels
- Increased flexibility in relation to fluctuations provisions
- Consolidating the notice requirements of the Housing Grants, Construction & Regeneration Act 1996
- We’ve included provisions for the grant of Performance Bonds and Parent Company guarantees.
- We’ve extended the optional provisions for Collateral Warranties from sub-contractors to include Third Party Rights.
- We’ve changed the way the requirements for Collateral Warranties and/or Third Party Rights are set out.