The Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) has launched the Design and Build Contract family as part of the release of its 2016 Edition of contracts. Design and Build 2016 contracts are available for pre-order via JCT’s online store (www.jctltd.co.uk), for despatch on 22nd September 2016.
The contracts that make up the Design and Build Contract family available for pre-order include:
Design and Build Contract 2016 (DB)
Design and Build Contract Guide 2016 (DB/G)
Design and Build Sub-Contract Agreement 2016 (DBSub/A)
Design and Build Sub-Contract Conditions 2016 (DBSub/C)
Design and Build Sub-Contract Guide 2016 (DBSub/G)
In addition, JCT is making the Design and Build Contract (DB) Tracked Change Document 2016 available, which shows the changes in red from the 2011 Edition.
New features included in the Design and Build contracts as part of the 2016 update include:
- Incorporation of the provisions of the JCT Public Sector Supplement 2011 that relate to Fair Payment, Transparency & BIM.
- Adjustments to reflect the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 and the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Amendments to the works and existing structures insurance provisions to make them more flexible.
- Revision and simplification of the Section 4 Payment provisions, including:
- Establishing (for Fair Payment purposes) Interim Valuation Dates that apply to main contract, sub-contract and sub-subcontract levels
- Increasing flexibility in relation to fluctuations provisions
- Consolidating the notice requirements of the Housing Grants, Construction & Regeneration Act 1996.
- Inclusion of provisions for the grant of Performance Bonds and Parent Company guarantees.
- Extension of the optional provisions for Collateral Warranties from sub-contractors to include Third Party Rights.
JCT chief executive, Neil Gower, said:
“JCT has been working hard to ensure the timely release of contract families from its 2016 Edition, and we are pleased to announce the release of the Design and Build Contract, a form that is used and recognised widely, and the release of which will have been highly anticipated by the industry.
“Design and Build 2016 provides a series of essential updates and enhanced flexibility for JCT users. By using the JCT online store to pre-order contracts from the Design and Build family, customers are guaranteed to be the first to be able to receive their copies as soon as they become available.”
JCT customers can pre-order the Design and Build 2016 contracts by visiting JCT’s online store.
JCT users are encouraged to join the JCT Network – a new resource specifically for JCT users to receive first notification of information and details of new products becoming available.