The Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) has launched the Intermediate Building Contract family as part of the release of its 2016 Edition of contracts. Intermediate Building Contracts are available for pre-order via JCT’s online store (www.jctltd.co.uk), for despatch on 7th December 2016.
The contracts that make up the Intermediate Building Contract family available for pre-order include:
- Intermediate Building Contract (IC)
- Intermediate Building Contract with contractor’s design (ICD)
- Intermediate Building Contract Guide (IC/G)
- Intermediate Sub-Contract Agreement (ICSub/A)
- Intermediate Sub-Contract Conditions (ICSub/C)
- Intermediate Sub-Contract with sub-contractor’s design Agreement (ICSub/D/A)
- Intermediate Sub-Contract with sub-contractor’s design Conditions (ICSub/D/C)
- Intermediate Named Sub-Contract Tender and Agreement (ICSub/NAM)
- Intermediate Named Sub-Contract Conditions (ICSub/NAM/C)
- Intermediate Named Sub-Contractor/Employer Agreement (ICSub/NAM/E)
- Intermediate Sub-Contract Guide (ICSub/G)
In addition, JCT is making both the Intermediate Building Contract (IC) and Intermediate Building Contract with contractor’s design (ICD)Tracked Change documents available, which show the changes in red from the 2011 Edition.
New features included in the Intermediate Building Contract as part of the 2016 update include:
- Incorporation of the provisions of the JCT Public Sector Supplement 2011 that relate to Fair Payment, Transparency & BIM.
- Adjustments to reflect the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 and the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Amendments to the works and existing structures insurance provisions to make them more flexible.
- Revision and simplification of the Section 4 Payment provisions, including:
- Establishing (for Fair Payment purposes) Interim Valuation Dates that apply to main contract, sub-contract and sub-subcontract levels
- Increasing flexibility in relation to fluctuations provisions
- Consolidating the notice requirements of the Housing Grants, Construction & Regeneration Act 1996.
- Inclusion of provisions for the grant of Performance Bonds and Parent Company guarantees.
- Extension of the optional provisions for Collateral Warranties from sub-contractors to include Third Party Rights.
JCT customers can pre-order the 2016 edition Intermediate Building contracts by visiting JCT’s online store, www.jctltd.co.uk.
JCT users are encouraged to join the JCT Network (corporate.jctltd.co.uk/jct-network)– a new resource specifically for JCT users to receive first notification of information and details of new products becoming available.