The Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) has released the 2016 Edition of the Intermediate Building Contract family.
The contracts are available to purchase via JCT’s online store, www.jctltd.co.uk.
The 2016 Edition of the Intermediate Building Contract family includes the following documents:
- Intermediate Building Contract (IC)
- Intermediate Building Contract with contractor’s design (ICD)
- Intermediate Building Contract Guide (IC/G)
- Intermediate Sub-Contract Agreement (ICSub/A)
- Intermediate Sub-Contract Conditions (ICSub/C)
- Intermediate Sub-Contract with sub-contractor’s design Agreement (ICSub/D/A)
- Intermediate Sub-Contract with sub-contractor’s design Conditions (ICSub/D/C)
- Intermediate Named Sub-Contract Tender and Agreement (ICSub/NAM)
- Intermediate Named Sub-Contract Conditions (ICSub/NAM/C)
- Intermediate Named Sub-Contractor/Employer Agreement (ICSub/NAM/E)
- Intermediate Sub-Contract Guide (ICSub/G)
- Intermediate Building Contract (IC) Tracked Change Document
- Intermediate Building Contract with contractor’s design (ICD) Tracked Change Document
Tracked change versions of the Intermediate Sub-Contracts are also available via the Docdel service. Users should visit www.jctltd.co.uk/jct-tracked-change for more information.
New features included in the JCT 2016 edition include:
- Incorporation of the provisions of the JCT Public Sector Supplement 2011 that relate to Fair Payment, Transparency & BIM.
- Adjustments to reflect the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 and the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Amendments to the works and existing structures insurance provisions to make them more flexible.
- Revision and simplification of the Section 4 Payment provisions, including:
- Establishing (for Fair Payment purposes) Interim Valuation Dates that apply to main contract, sub-contract and sub-subcontract levels
- Increasing flexibility in relation to fluctuations provisions
- Consolidating the notice requirements of the Housing Grants, Construction & Regeneration Act 1996.
- Inclusion of provisions for the grant of Performance Bonds and Parent Company guarantees.
- Revisions to the way in which the requirements for Collateral Warranties are set out.
JCT customers can purchase the 2016 Intermediate Building Contracts by visiting JCT’s online store.
JCT users are encouraged to join the JCT Network – a new resource specifically for JCT users to receive first notification of information and details of new products becoming available.