The Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) has released the 2016 Edition of the Standard Building Contract family.
The contracts are available to purchase via JCT’s online store, www.jctltd.co.uk.
The 2016 Edition of the Standard Building Contract family includes the following documents:
- Standard Building Contract With Quantities (SBC/Q)
- Standard Building Contract Without Quantities (SBC/XQ)
- Standard Building Contract With Approximate Quantities (SBC/AQ)
- Standard Building Contract Guide (SBC/G)
- Standard Building Sub-Contract Agreement (SBCSub/A)
- Standard Building Sub-Contract Conditions (SBCSub/C)
- Standard Building Sub-Contract with sub-contractor’s design Agreement (SBCSub/D/A)
- Standard Building Sub-Contract with sub-contractor’s design Conditions (SBCSub/D/C)
- Standard Building Sub-Contract Guide (SBCSub/G)
- Standard Building Contract With Quantities (SBC/Q) Tracked Change Document
- Standard Building Contract Without Quantities (SBC/XQ) Tracked Change Document
- Standard Building Contract With Approximate Quantities (SBC/AQ) Tracked Change Document
Tracked change versions of the Standard Building Sub-Contracts are also available via the Docdel service. Users should visit www.jctltd.co.uk/category/jct-tracked-change for more information.
New features of the JCT 2016 edition include:
- Incorporation of the provisions of the JCT Public Sector Supplement 2011 that relate to Fair Payment, Transparency & BIM.
- Adjustments to reflect the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 and the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
- Amendments to the works and existing structures insurance provisions to make them more flexible.
- Revision and simplification of the Section 4 Payment provisions, including:
- Establishing (for Fair Payment purposes) Interim Valuation Dates that apply to main contract, sub-contract and sub-subcontract levels
- Increasing flexibility in relation to fluctuations provisions
- Consolidating the notice requirements of the Housing Grants, Construction & Regeneration Act 1996.
- Inclusion of provisions for the grant of Performance Bonds and Parent Company guarantees.
- Extension of the optional provisions for Collateral Warranties from sub-contractors to include Third Party Rights.
- Incorporation of the provisions of the JCT 2012 Named Specialist Update.
JCT customers can purchase the 2016 Standard Building Contracts by visiting www.jctltd.co.uk/category/standard-building.
JCT users are encouraged to join the JCT Network at http://corporate.jctltd.co.uk/jct-network – a new resource specifically for JCT users to receive first notification of information and details of new products becoming available.