The JCT Construction Management Contract is for use on construction projects where the employer appoints separate trade contracts to carry out the works, and a construction manager to oversee the completion of the works for a fee. Construction Management contracts are suitable for projects procured via the management method.
Features of projects using a JCT Construction Management Contract:
- Construction Management contracts comprise a suite of documents, a Construction Management Appointment (CM/A), and separate Construction Management Trade Contracts (CM/TC).
- The contract is used where separate contractual responsibility for design, management and construction of the project is desired.
- The employer provides the design, and enters into direct separate trade contracts with suppliers to carry out the construction of the works.
- The construction manager is appointed by the employer to manage the project and act as an agent on the employer’s behalf, issuing instructions, making decisions and preparing certifications. The construction manager also administers the conditions of the trade contract.
- Works can be carried out in sections.
Important note for contract users in Scotland and Northern Ireland
Users in Scotland should refer to www.sbcconline.com regarding the SBCC 2016 suite.
Users in Northern Ireland should use the JCT 2016 suite. For copies of the Northern Ireland Adaptation Schedules, or any related queries, please contact The Royal Society of Ulster Architects at www.rsua.org.uk or call 028 9032 3760.