JCT’s Home Owner Contracts are designed specifically for people looking for the benefits and protection of a contract when appointing consultants or contractors to carry out their building work.
Employing experienced building professionals ensures that your home building or renovation works are properly managed and completed to a high standard. The advantage of using the JCT Home Owner Contract means that you get peace of mind in knowing that the obligations of all the parties you employ – contractors, architects, surveyors, etc. are clearly set out and defined.
Note: when purchasing JCT Home Owner contracts, two copies are included as part of the form, so there is no need to purchase two forms for one project.
Features of the JCT Home Owner Contract:
- Simple and clear – no technical or legal jargon, JCT’s Home Owner Contracts are written in plain English and are easy to fill in.
- Project Management – you can easily manage your building work by recording costs and scheduling all in one document
- Legal certainty – the JCT Home Owner Contract gives all parties greater certainty should any difficulties arise
- JCT’s Home Repair and Maintenance Contract (HO/RM) is available as a free download.
Use the JCT Home Owner Contract to set out:
- The work to be done
- The price of the work and payment schedule
- Which party will be applying for planning permission
- Access contractors will have on site
Important note for contract users in Scotland and Northern Ireland
Users in Scotland should refer to www.sbcconline.com regarding the SBCC 2016 suite.
Users in Northern Ireland should use the JCT 2016 suite. For copies of the Northern Ireland Adaptation Schedules, or any related queries, please contact The Royal Society of Ulster Architects at www.rsua.org.uk or call 028 9032 3760.